Diabetic Recipes–Shrimp CreolePosted: September 5, 2012
Please visit our website: www.mydiabetictesting.com
- 2 Tablespoons corn oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- chopped hot chili pepper (as desired)
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 5 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- salt to taste (optional)
- pepper to taste (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 Tablespoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 pounds peeled and deveined shrimp
- Heat the oil in a large skillet. Add the onion, garlic, chili pepper, and celery and saute until the onion is tender. Do not brown.
- Add the tomatoes, salt, pepper, lime juice, bay leaves, and parsley. Simmer, uncovered, until the sauce is slightly reduced. Remove the bay leaves.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce and shrimp and cook until the shrimp is done, about 10 minutes. Do not overcook. Serve with hot rice.
Per serving (1 cup): 152 calories (42 calories from fat), 5 g total fat, 1 g saturated fat, 161 g cholesterol, 215 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 2 g dietary fiber, 5 g sugar, 19 g protein
Diabetic Exchanges: 2 Vegetable, 2 Very Lean Meat, 1/2 Fat