Diabetic Recipes–Yogurt-Almond Ice CreamPosted: July 16, 2012
Please visit our website: www.mydiabetictesting.com
Yogurt-Almond Ice Cream
- 2 cups fat-free plain yogurt, without gum additives or stabilizers
- 1 cup low-fat vanilla soy milk (soya milk), chilled
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 Tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped almonds
- Place a bowl in the freezer to chill.
- In another bowl, whisk together the yogurt, soy milk, honey, and canola oil until well blended.
- Pour the mixture into an ice-cream maker and prepare according to the manufacture’s instructions.
- When ice cream is firm, transfer to the chilled bowl and add the nuts. Stir gently to distribute evenly. Serve immediately or store in the freezer until ready to serve.
Per serving (6 servings total): 173 calories, 7 g protein, 26 g carbohydrate, 5 g total fat, 0 g saturated fat, 0 g monounsaturated fat, 2 mg cholesterol, 75 mg sodium, 1 g fiber, 286 mg potassium, 227 mg calcium