Diabetic Recipes–Sweet Potato BreadPosted: May 7, 2012
Please visit our website: www.mydiabetictesting.com
Sweet Potato Bread
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat margarine
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup egg substitute
- Boil the sweet potatoes until soft and mash thoroughly. Stir in the margarine.
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees. Add all ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Pour the batter into a nonstick loaf pan and bake for 30 minutes or until a knife is inserted in the center and comes out clean.
Per serving (1 slice): 209 calories (18 calories from fat), 2 g total fat, 0 g saturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 212 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 4 g dietary fiber, 20 g sugar, 7 g protein
Diabetic Exchanges: 2 1/2 Starch